Friday, May 18, 2012

Asia Says Goodbye

Today is officially the last day of my internship as a Marketing Communications Coordinator at Meetingmax- It will be so strange to leave!

As I reflect back on the last few months here at Meetingmax I can’t help but smile when I think of all the wonderful experiences I have had, and the amazing people I have had the chance to work with.

At the beginning of the internship process, I experienced a lot of anticipation about leaving the safety net of BCIT, and stepping foot into the real world of business and marketing. At Meetingmax, however, I instantly felt at home. I was immersed into a fast growing company, and given the opportunity to learn invaluable insights into the business world of smart entrepreneurship and organizational culture. Throughout the process the hands-on experience helped me grow both personally and professionally.

One of the main take-aways I took from my internship was the heavy importance placed on the company’s core values. Although many companies claim to have them, Meetingmax makes a conscious effort to incorporate them into every aspect of their company. It’s because of this everyone is happy, and employee and customer relationships are strong.

My favorite core values displayed at Meetingmax are “Make It Fun” and “Continually Grow.” I feel that these are important, because at the end of the month  (through the Meetingmax book club, or our choice of personal and professional development courses), we all learn something new and have fun while we are doing it.

Overall I had a crazy good time at my internship. I wore my Four Seasons slippers every day, handed over my ipod upon request to play on the loud speakers, and completed my “frogs” (most important task) every day.

I am very thankful for the opportunity I have had to be a part of such a great company, to learn, and to take part in the amazing 2012 Meetingmax Unconvention. I recommend that everyone attend it next year in 2013- because it keeps getting better!

As I sit here with my final LIV Martini (It's Liquor Cart Friday! -View blog post below for the recipe) I say goodbye!


 Kelly, Sureena and I at the 2012 Unconvention!

No comments:

Post a Comment